2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Glad to be Back and Monday Night 24



As everyone knows, I returned to the U S of A on Sunday morning. My two weeks in the Philippines was fun and it helped purge my system of microbrews and strengthen my 2beerguy core. Yes, there were beers in Manila. How do they compare with microbrews? Unfortunately, they don't appear on the same field. The land of the lagers is appropriate for where they are. The beers definitely quench your thirst during the hot summer days, but my palate cried for a fully body, well balanced ale. If I lived in Manila, I would spend a lot of time homebrewing.

Some kiss the ground when they reach their home land, did I? No, I celebrated my return and layover in California with Redhook's ESB - right from the tap. I saw the handle and thought that I was in heaven. Unfortunately, after two pints, I had tapped the keg dry. I was shocked. I had the bartender try the tap 2-3 times and nothing came out (he wasn't too keen to try it the third time, but I insisted). I settled for a Sam Adams Lager to finish the layover.

Now that I am back, we are back into business. Many events signed up and discussions on possible 2Beerguys events (more news to follow in the upcoming weeks).

Ian, Amber and I are still trying to clear the queue. After spending a day trying to recover from my travels, we ventured over to Ian to watch 24. Surprise surprise, Jack Bauer made it through another impossible hour.

We also spent the time doing a couple of reviews....

High Falls Brewing Co.
* JW Dundee's American Amber Lager
* JW Dundee's American Pale Ale
* JW Dundee's Original Honey Brown
* JW Dundee's IPA

City Brewery - RJ King Wingwalker Pale Ale
Firestone Walker Brewing Company - Double Barrel Ale
Two Brothers Brewing Company - Cane and Ebel

Ian was very excited because we were way over due reviewing the Cane and Ebel and we have finally brought this selection to the table. It was rather good and hoppy, but unfortunately it didn't live up to the expectations that we had for it. I was quite impressed/surprised with the JW Amber Lager and JW Pale Ale. There is some truth to the fact that we weren't overly excited to try this foursome selection, so our expectations were low. The Amber Lager and Pale Ale were very tasty.

Please check out the beer table/reviews to compare the sores and see our thoughts.
http://2beerguys.com/beertableall.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home