2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Power to the people



As we like to do around here at 2beerguys, we'd like to put something in your hands. I've set up a mirror of the blog at 2beerguys.wordpress.com, and have imported all of the previous posts that have been done on this blog. So, with the exception of the last two blogs Sean has done, everything should be there. I like WordPress because it's got broader support in the blogging community, has more 3rd party applications for it, and I think it has a much cleaner, more readable interface. Please "hop" on over to the mirror blog at 2beerguys.wordpress.com and let us know what you think. I've already sent out a few invites for accounts on the wordpress blog so you can check it out for yourselves.

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Cheers!

Ian

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 6:50:00 PM EST, Blogger Steve Rheaume said…

    Excellent! After learning CSS and PHP, I converted thesnowway.com to an entirely hand coded site with XHTML strict compliance. It was a lot of fun to learn but a dog to maintain. I switched the entire site over to wordpress a year ago and have not looked back. The plugin versatility is amazing and I appreciate the open source aspect.

    I would suggest a prominent RSS link. I review blogs nearly exclusively via RSS these days. There is a syndication link in my web address bar but I don't see one on the page as a link. You can also RSS comments only in wordpress which is nice for a blog like yours that gets comments. Might also want to utilize a prominent link back to the main 2beerguys page. Ideally, you can just integrate the entire thing into 2beerguys.com so you have a uniform style.

    Looks like you are using the subdomain via wordpress.com. You can install the package right onto your server for better integration and plugin options and then have a 2beerguys.com/blog link or blog.2beerguys.com or whatever. Lots of options with a full version of wordpress installed on your own server!

    Cheers!
    -Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home