2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Lowell Ribs and Brew Fest 2007



The Ribs and Brew fest was awesome again this year. With tons of beer vendors, and to die for BBQ, I'd say it surpassed my expectations that were set after last year's event.

The air smelled of smoke from a bar-b-que as you approached the event. Immediately, upon entering, we headed for Firefly's BBQ and I got what I'd been waiting for with this event: ribs. Smokey, tender, falling-off-the-bone kind of ribs. And I drowned them in a sweet and spicy bbq sauce. They were amazing and satisfying and everything I hoped they would be. Finger lickin'!

The beer tent was over flowing this year; it appeared more people heard of this event that had last year. There was actually a line to get in! And, props to Sean, Ryan and Ian for working the event this year. We saw Sean and Ryan Saturday night. We got in, got our score cards and proceeded to try anything and everything that piqued our curiosity.

There were several brews that really stood out for me. The Ten Penney Ale from the Olde Burnside Brewing Company, had a really smooth texture and an almost cognac type quality to it. I also enjoyed the Blackberry Wheat from Longtrail. It was light and fruity and something I would pick on a hot summer day. But the pièce de résistance, for me, was the Pumpkin Stout by the Cape Ann Brewing Company. This was AMAZING!!! As we're coming into fall, I'm always looking for a spiced up, pumpkin beer to cuddle with on a cool autumn evening. I have a new favorite for that. It was dark, rich, creamy and had that amazing spice quality to it that made my mouth water for home made pumpkin pie. I'll be hunting this one down in the stores.

All in all, the event was enjoyable. There were a few blemishes on the evening that involved other people at the event who over did it, but we just tried to ignore and dodge them. But, Sean and Ryan made out like bandits for all the freebies they got at the end of the night. This was a fantastic event again this year...and I can't wait for it next year.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home