2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Best of Belgium Multi-pack

ian


In preparation for the World cup (and because Dad bought it for me), Ian and I enjoyed a sample from the Best of Belgium multi-pack. This multi-pack contained 3 types of Beers totaling 18 beers:


* Stella Artois http://www.stellaartois.com
* Leffe http://www.leffe.com/
* Hoegaarden

main website: http://www.inbev.com/

Stella is one of my favorite light beers. It's very different than the local microbrews, but I always enjoy a draft Stella in a traditional Stella glass.

I had never had Leffe Blond before sampling this multi-pack. It was a light beer and was ok.

I have tried Hoegaarden in the past. I wasn't a fan, but I enjoyed it this time. Hoegaarden (Hoegaarden Blanche) is also referred to as a Belgium White or a wheat beer. It's a yellow fizzy beer with a taste of lemon. It's refreshing on a hot summer day.

After having a discussion with a colleague, living in Belgium, we decided that this multi-pack should be renamed. Here are a few options:

* Beer that the Dutch was not planning on drinking.
* Best of Belgium beer that you could buy in a discounted multi-pack
* Best of Belgium beer that was not created by Monks.
* Best of what Belgium has to offer in the US in an 18 pack of summer delight

After slight confusion, Ignace was quick to understand the contents of the multi-pack. He commended: "Yeah, I know which way the wind blows now..... You're having big industry beer in your best-of-Belgium, buddy. .... I would weep deep, shocking, heartrending, soul-destroying, earth shattering tears if that was anywhere near the best of what Belgium has to offer."

I had a chance to learn this first hand, until my travel plans fell through. Ignace planned on taking me to a mecca for beer lovers. None of the mentioned beers would have been served in this place. There are hopes and dreams of eventually visiting this heavenly place. Until then, I can only place these dreams on hold and imaging ignace's offer..

"I'll take you to beer heaven, and you will get to make a selection of that which is truly good beer."

Notes: These beers are not widely offered in Belgium. They were owned separately and bought out by Inbev brewery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home