2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Beer hiatus

ian


So for some unknown reason, I decided this past Saturday to take a hiatus from beer for two weeks. There are several compelling reasons for this, but I'm just not sure what the real one is.

One possible explanation is that as we approach our 100th review, I need to rest my liver in preparation for the next hundred.

Another is that, as the saying goes, "you don't know what you got til it's gone." Not that I don't have a fine appreciation for beer, but if I take some time away from it, I might appreciate it that much more.

Finally, I suppose it could just be a good old purging of the system. Doubtful, but possible.

Now I know I'm not addicted to alcohol. But I may very well be addicted to craft beer as an alternative to other less satisfying brews. It's only been three days, and I'm already yearning for the bitter kick of hops and the mellow smoothness of malts. Good thing the Red Sox are opening at home today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home