2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Leap, a Hooker, and an I don't know what



This is overdue, which of course means it is way out of order in terms of location in the blogs. Two Wednesdays ago, after a meeting, I stopped in at Leary's on my way over to Sean's house. I went in, walked up and down the beer aisle, didn't really see anything new, and was ready to head back out. When I got to the end of the racks, I looked over and saw Frank, Tim, and another gentleman I didn't recognize sipping beers.

I walked over and said hi to the guys, and the were tasting three beers that they had out on the countertop. One was one they sold there, the Thomas Hooker Liberator Doppelbock, and two others that I can't remember. As I worked my way through the beers, I noticed that the unknown guy was wearing a Sebago vest. I asked him if he worked for Sebago, and sure enough he did. Not only did he work for Sebago, but he was the same guy (Mark) that Sean had been playing phone tag with for a few days! So, we started talking about the 2 beer guy visit to Sebago, our chat with Tom, the facility, etc, and before I knew it, he offered me some samples out of the back of his car. "Sure" I said! He went out, and came back in with two Frye's Leap IPA's, two Boathouse Browns, two just-bottled Hefeweizens, two bombers of Slick Nick Winter Ale, and two bombers of Lake Trout Stout, and two bombers of Runabout Red Ale. What a gift!

After chatting some more with Mark, I left, beers under arm, to the cries of Frank sarcastically asking "You're not going to buy anything?" On the way to Sean's, I called him with the great news, and we went on to review the Lake Trout Stout and the Hefeweizen, which you find here. Thanks again to Mark from Sebago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home