2 Beer Guys Blog

Welcome to the 2 Beer Guys Blog! Here, you will be able to read our stories and adventures as we travel through the world of craft beer.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Reminisce











It's amazing how our senses can transport us to a special place or time. That very thing happened to me this evening upon pouring a glass of beer.


Whether I was romanced by the city of Edinburgh itself, or if it was the magic of a Scottish pub, Scotland was where my love of beer first began.


Tonight I thought would be rather un-eventful...laundry, dishes, make a little dinner and relax...but...a journey down memory lane would make my night a bit more pleasurable. I decided to make myself a pizza for dinner. Of course, when looking for a nice beer to accompany this dinner, I looked for a lighter beer.


The Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale caught my eye. Upon pouring, I noticed the beautiful dark amber color and the amazing tan, creamy head. The head took up 1/4 of the top of the glass and kept its integrity until I decided to take the first sip. This first sip took me back in time...

I was sitting on a bar stool in front of a small row of beer taps. Sean and I were at a great Scottish pub in Edinburgh. The bartender pulls the tap handle down and out pours a fairly light colored beer. The difference between this light beer and others I have seen poured, is its head. It is light tan, thick and creamy, not the white thin, frothy ones I am used to seeing with other lighter beers. As I sip the beer, I am amazed at the wonderful flavor of this beer, and the yummy creamy head.


I will never forget that beer and am always excited when a beer has similarities to that one. Funny thing is, I can't remember the name of the beer...only the feeling I got when drinking it. Fond memories....poured from a tap.

Samuel Smith's brewery is Yorkshire's oldest brewery, est. 1758. Check out merchantduvin.com to find more of their beers as well as many other FABULOUS beers.

Op uw gezondeid, Beergirl

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home